We Are Going To Discuss About Issues installing Python 3.8.10 on macOS 12.3 Monterey. So lets Start this Python Article.
Issues installing Python 3.8.10 on macOS 12.3 Monterey
- How to solve Issues installing Python 3.8.10 on macOS 12.3 Monterey
- Issues installing Python 3.8.10 on macOS 12.3 Monterey
This worked for me.
Install gcc first;
brew install gcc
And then with gcc run pyenv installation.
CC=/opt/homebrew/bin/gcc-11 pyenv install 3.8.10
brew install gcc && CC=`which gcc-11` pyenv install 3.8.10
Apple introduced a change that resulted in its breaking.
In your specific case
brew install 3.8.13 should work.
For others on different versions should check this thread
Or use any of these versions 3.7.13, 3.8.13, 3.9.11 and 3.10.3
I faced the same issue and the solution that worked for me was to install the version manually, here are the steps I performed to get it done:
- Download the python-3.8.10 version here: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3810/
- Once downloaded, double-click to install through the installation wizard.
- Once completed, from finder or terminal open the directory where it got installed:
- Run the
Install Certificates.command, wait until it completes.
- In the same path, run
Update Shell Profile.command
- You are all set, to validate it run from the terminal:
To setup a virtual environment for python version 3.8.10 installed manually:
pip install --upgrade pip
pip install virtualenv
- To deactivate once finish working, run:
You can get more information about setting up the virtual environment here: https://virtualenv.pypa.io/en/latest/user_guide.html#
So This is all About This Tutorial. Hope This Tutorial Helped You. Thank You.